Visitors

Friday, July 4, 2008

Tocasierra Spa

Welcome to the Tocasierra Spa!
The Tocasierra Spa is at the Pointe Hilton, Squaw Peak Resort. It is on 16th Street North of Glendale Avenue in Phoenix. It is tucked away in the back of the resort and is a fitness facility for locals as well as offering spa treatments. The entrance has the same Spanish architecture as the Point Resort.I used the fitness facility and rode the bike for a mile, and then walked four miles. (I'm trainingfor my 60 mile 3Day walk!) The pool is not close to the Spa, so I decided to relax a bit to prepare for my massage.
The waiting room was a little small, with a small couch, two chairs and a three chair/table setting. No place to lounge and fall asleep.

The locker room and shower area was clean with plenty of towels, showers, and a steam room.
I'm trying to decide what to do to tile my bathrooms in the house, so I always find the resorts interesting. This used very large tiles for the walls, with smaller ones on the shower floor.
The stripe about eye level was made with glass "pebbles" inset into the surface. The predomanant color was turquoise.
This is the room for the treatment. Of course, the lights were dim. I had a 80 minute Specialty massage, complete with an incredible head massage and a hand paraffin treatment. It was hard to stay awake.

No comments: