Vienna, Austria - Christkindlmarkt at Rathausplatz (Part 1)

This is a large and popular Christmas Market and illumination of the Rathausplatz.  The Rathaus is the seat of both the mayor and council of Vienna.  The building is well lit and the crowds are gathering.

 The first booths in the front had beautiful Christmas tree decorations.  I can't imagine trying to get these safely home, so I took a lot of photos to bring them home and share.




 There were about four rows with booths on both sides.

 Jewelry.
 Toys.
 More bulbs.
 TOys.



 Heart cookies with "I Love You" written on the face.

 
 I thought that this was a very cute hat. Do you think that we can make it?


 Figurines and Nativity sets.


 More Gluhwein!
Whenever you see a Gluhwein shop, you will see custom mugs that you need to purchase if you don't already have one.  It was tempting to start a collection. Maybe next time.
 A fancy bake shop.


 Cookies!

 Yum! Chocolate little Sacher cakes.  The filling likely has apricot.  And next to it is some apple strudel.

No comments:

Through Each Other’s Eyes: An Afternoon About Photography, Storytelling, and Finding Your Own Voice

Yesterday I attended Through Each Other’s Eyes: Behind the Lens at Western Spirit: Scottsdale’s Museum of the West. A photography friend D...