Discovering the world both near and far. Making friends along the way. Come along with me and share your comments.
Beijing, China - Shichahai Scenic Area
This lake is near the hutongs. Paddle boats abound in the summer and in the winter people come here to ice skate. The lake is surrounded by large trees. It was declared a "Historical and Cultural Scenic District" in 1992 and I can see why. It is a large and beautiful area and consists of three large lakes: Quiahai, Xihai and Houhai. From the description of the lake areas, I guess that this is the Houhai, the lake surrounded by restaurants and is a popular night spot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Through Each Other’s Eyes: An Afternoon About Photography, Storytelling, and Finding Your Own Voice
Yesterday I attended Through Each Other’s Eyes: Behind the Lens at Western Spirit: Scottsdale’s Museum of the West. A photography friend D...
-
I just took the photos, many many photos, so that I would have them to look at when I returned home and could research this building. The P...
-
The Ox Bow Saloon is on the National Register of Historical Places so I thought that I would drive down "historic Main Street" and...
-
After check in, I decided to take a photo walk on my street Na Porici to become familiar with the area. This seems to be a good transportat...
No comments:
Post a Comment