Sunday Afternoon at the Château

 Sunday Afternoon at the Château

After such a lovely morning exploring the Château, Sunday afternoon seems made for slowing down.

I spent the morning wandering around the property, looking more closely at places I had passed before and discovering others I had not yet explored. There were old things, new things, forgotten corners, unexpected rooms, beautiful views, and little details that made me stop and take another photograph.

One of the things I have enjoyed almost as much as exploring is sitting down afterward and writing about what I saw. Photographs capture what a place looked like, but writing captures what I was thinking and feeling while I was there. Years from now, I want to be able to return to these days and remember not only the Château, but the experience of being here.

After my walk, I sat down for an impromptu lunch with Beth, Pip, and Chef. There was no big plan, just good food and easy conversation around the table. Sometimes those unplanned moments become some of the nicest memories of a trip.

And now I am back upstairs in my room.

The sky outside my window has become a little overcast, although it is still a beautiful day. The light coming through the old window is soft, the heavy curtains are partly drawn, and everything feels wonderfully quiet.

So, I think I am going to do something that vacations should allow more often.

I am taking a Sunday afternoon nap.

Later, I will meet up with the photography group and find out what adventures we have planned for the rest of the day. But for now, the Château can carry on without me for a little while.

My camera is resting.

I am resting.

And Sunday afternoon at Château Marouatte feels exactly as it should.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barcelona, Spain - La Sagrada Familia Passion Facade

Payson, Arizona - Ox Bow Saloon on Historic Main Street

Prague, Czech - Street Scenes on Na Porici