We drove to the historical area of the Pacific Army. This was a beautiful older building. A new one is planned.
The stars on the floorpiece are significant. There is a series of stars: 1 4 7. In combination they represent the date of the Pearl Harbor attack: 12/7/41.
The decorative front window covering.
Inside the entryway walls are painted with a mural of the Pacific army.
The painter was not able to sign the work, but when his wife and daughter visited, they recognized his expressions in the face of this man.
And that man, and that man!! The artist was everywhere and while it wasn't obvious to me at first, it was fun to discover that these faces were variations on the same man!
Valor Medal.
Looking at the window coverings from the inside.
The on land Tour was booked with "Home of the Brave" http://pearlharborhq.com.
Discovering the world both near and far. Making friends along the way. Come along with me and share your comments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Season of Possibilities: Planning My Phoenix Arts Calendar with ChatGPT
It started with a screenshot of my Gammage tickets and a question: What else could I attend? I already had my Broadway season lined up at ...
-
I just took the photos, many many photos, so that I would have them to look at when I returned home and could research this building. The P...
-
The Ox Bow Saloon is on the National Register of Historical Places so I thought that I would drive down "historic Main Street" and...
-
After check in, I decided to take a photo walk on my street Na Porici to become familiar with the area. This seems to be a good transportat...
No comments:
Post a Comment