Phoenix, Arizona - 4th of July Fireworks

I had originally planned to join the crowd on the north bank of Tempe Town Lake to view this year's fireplaces.  I went with Beth M. and family to scope out the location and I left with the feeling that it was going to take a lot of effort to haul my chair, tripod, camera, cooler and maybe an umbrella down a set of stair from the parking lot to the north bank  Add the threat of another dust storm and I decided to consider an alternate location.

I had breakfast this morning with Janet S. and she mentioned that she often watches the fireworks display at the Arizona Country Club from her driveway.  I decided to go to the parking lot of my dentist and stake out my territory.  I was the first to arrive at 7:30 PM but by 8:30 about six other cars had joined me.

I was not disappointed with my photos from tonight.  I first made sure that I had the typical fireworks.  It took me a few shots to adjust my zoom and settings. I stayed with ISO 100, f8 and varied the amount of time but normally stayed in the 2 second range for each shot.  I am happy with the wide variety.









After I took the standard shot, I started to play with a few of the settings.  Here are my favorites.










I also tried this technique with multiple bursts.



Fun night and fun crowd.  Mission accomplished and I learned a few new techniques.

No comments:

Why Are There So Many British People in the Dordogne?

  Why Are There So Many British People in the Dordogne? What you have noticed around Château Marouatte is not incidental. The Dordogne has ...