Hilo, Hawaii - Morning Sail-In

Land ho!  Our first stop after a four day crossing.  I am very excited to see Hawaii (I've never been here before) and go to the top deck to see what I can see.  There is an overcast sky as we approach Hilo, and I can see a tall mountain in the distance.  The pilot tugboat comes out to give us a helping hand.


We have great views from the top deck and I can see homes, green spaces (golf?) and high rises. The mountains are in the distance and I can see a rainy spot making its way towards us.

I had been eating breakfast when Mom told me to get my camera and get out there on deck!  I was missing the views.  Good call, Mom!

 The land is very lush with a wide variety of trees and vegetation.





 The ship is approaching the dock and I scurry off to prepare to disembark on my first tour.

No comments:

Why Are There So Many British People in the Dordogne?

  Why Are There So Many British People in the Dordogne? What you have noticed around Château Marouatte is not incidental. The Dordogne has ...