Scottsdale, Arizona - Il Pandoro - just like in Rome?

The short answer is "NO", not as tasty as it was in Rome. But it has traveled quite a distance, so I am not surprised that it is dried.


The funny note:  It took me about 1/2 hour to select and buy this. I went to DeFalco's Italian Deli and had to discuss the purchase and listen to all of the local Italian stories.  The consensus is that "my Mom used to toast/make french toast/butter and fry (select your favorite) this on Christmas Day".  Well, no wonder! It was dried.  So while I can't eat this with lush butter, as we did in Rome, it is good buttered and lightly fried.  I think that the Italian moms make these changes to overcome the dryness.

No comments:

Why Are There So Many British People in the Dordogne?

  Why Are There So Many British People in the Dordogne? What you have noticed around Château Marouatte is not incidental. The Dordogne has ...