12th row seats at the Dodge Theatre. Tonight had a big city feel.
Metro to downtown, Dinner at Thai Elephant, then walked to the concert.
Review of the concert: To start with, I like the accoustics at Dodge Theatre. Our seats were only 12 rows back, and a little on the left side of the stage. The band started about 30 minutes late, but it is my guess that they were having a slight delay because the Phoenix Suns' playoff game was on in the lobby and a large group was watching the game. (We do have our priorities.) The first song started, and the guitars were SOOOO loud that I couldn't hear the voices. Stills was muffled, and the group was off on the harmony. Long story short, I did not like the first half.
But we didn't leave at intermission.
The second half was acoustic and harmony. Crosby and Nash could still carry it, but Stills had a tough time and showed his skills by performing loud two or three note guitar solos from time to time. They played songs from other groups (reminds us that the 30 year coverage on the Beatle songs has expired) and finished strong with a few familiar tunes. My guess is that the bulk of the songs that I remember were actually done by Neil Young, and from the discussion on stage they were allowed to play only one of his songs. Interesting. I will need to check my "album" collection because there were several songs that I didn't recognize.
All in all, it was a good night. The Metro was filled by people in costume, and we came to learn that there was a comic book convention in town, hence the costumes. The Thai food was very good, but we could have skipped the appetizer since there was so much food in the curry dish. The Metro was awesome for Dodge, allowing only three blocks to walk from the station to the theatre.
Discovering the world both near and far. Making friends along the way. Come along with me and share your comments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Through Each Other’s Eyes: An Afternoon About Photography, Storytelling, and Finding Your Own Voice
Yesterday I attended Through Each Other’s Eyes: Behind the Lens at Western Spirit: Scottsdale’s Museum of the West. A photography friend D...
-
I just took the photos, many many photos, so that I would have them to look at when I returned home and could research this building. The P...
-
The Ox Bow Saloon is on the National Register of Historical Places so I thought that I would drive down "historic Main Street" and...
-
After check in, I decided to take a photo walk on my street Na Porici to become familiar with the area. This seems to be a good transportat...

No comments:
Post a Comment